S/S Frithiof was built on the South Wharf in Stockholm, as a passenger ship, for the Stockholm Exhibition of 1897. The ship is almost 20 metres long, and holds 62 passengers. The steam engine is constructed by G.F. Flodman, one of Stockholm most renowned. Frithiof and sister ship Ingeborg were part of local transportation between the different areas of Stockholm until the 1950’s. After an unfortunate fire, and a drab existence as a forgotten wreck, an encompassing restoration was initialized in 1999.